The mission of the Preventive Health Department is to improve the health of the communities we serve, especially those which are rural and underserved, through prevention education, outreach, screenings, and creative partnerships.
The Preventive Health Dept. works through community collaborations with the LA Office of Public Health Regions 4 &5 to:
– Educate families about Louisiana State LaCHIP and Medicaid programs.
– Increase the number of families who have access to healthcare.
– Provide tobacco prevention, education, and cessation services.
– Work with school districts and hospitals to provide expert knowledge of attaining
tobacco-free campus policies.
– Advise, clarify, and assist seniors with Medicare and selection of Medicare supplemental
– Provide education outreach and healthcare referrals for women’s health services